You have to be your mum.
Until you will be ready to have this discussion, I am writing.
I was always there for you. I have been :
· Waking you up in the morning
· Putting you to sleep at night
· Dressing you up
· Bathing you
· Feeding you
· Reading you books and telling you stories
· Checking with a doctor your growth
· Reminding you that being sick is temporary, and you will be again fine in some days
· Guiding you to school or the gum, even when you didn’t feel like going
· Checking with your teachers your progress
· Encouraging you to take the first step
· Celebrating your first step
· Encouraging you to learn how to ride a bike
· Celebrating you riding a bike
· Asking you to dream of the future
· Asking you to never quit, try one more time, every time
· Asking you to not be angry with kids that make you feel bad, at least not for long.
· Surrounding you with people that care for you and make you laugh
· Reminding you to smile every day
But, more and more often lately, I realize that I will not always be there for you.
I hope you have been watching, are watching along the way.
I hope you will be able to recall what I have been doing, what we have been doing together so that you can continue doing all that a mum does, and do it yourself to you, for you. Be your own mum. Not seek, not need someone else to be your mum after me.
What I dream for you is that:
· You wake up in the morning with the urge to take advantage every minute of the day
· You put you to sleep at night, comforted you had a day full of moments to remember
· You take care of your body
· You take care of your diet